Publish your blog posts to Twitter with Feedburner.
One of earliest third party tools that I started using for Twitter is TwitterFeed. This service automatically tweets your new blog posts for you. I have been using TwitterFeed for almost two years and I wrote about this service when I started using this. I am quite satisfied with this service but I am switching now to recently announced service by Google.
Since I already use other Google services, switching from TwitterFeed to Google will eliminate the need of another third party service.
Google offers all the functionality that TwitterFeed has. The setup process is straightforward.
- Login to your FeedBurner account.
- Select the feed that you want to link to your twitter account.
- Click on the “Publicize” tab.
- Under the Services column on the left side of the screen you will see Socialize. Click on Socialize link.
- On the Socialize link page you will see “Add Twitter Account” button. Click on the button to authorize Google Feedburner to access your twitter account using oAuth.
- Select your formatting options and number of items and any additional text that you want to append to your tweets. I use “New at zparacha.com:” before my tweets announcing my new blog posts.
- Another new Google URL shorting service (goo.gl) is used to create short versions of your feed links, e.g. http://goo.gl/abcd.
- You can also choose to let FeedBurner create hashtag from your post’s category.
- Nice little thing is the live preview of your tweets. At the bottom of the screen a preview of your tweets is displayed as you make changes to your selections.
- Once you are satisfied with your changes, click Save button and activate the service.
- Now when you publish a blog post, it will automatically be published to your Twitter followers.