How to find page ID in WordPress 2.7
One of the changes in WordPress 2.7 release is the disappearance of page id column from the admin console. As far as I know, currently there is no way to display the page id column.
Page ids can be used to exclude or arrange links to the pages in the navigation menu.
I use page id to exclude certain pages from appearing in my navigation menu.
So, without the convenient page id column how do you determine the page id for a particular page?
There are some plugins available that add the page id column back to your admin console.
But there is a simple way to determine the page id without installing any plugin.
Here is what you need to do to find the id of any page.
- Log in to your WordPress admin console.
- Click on Pages link, to go to the Edit Pages page.
- You will see a list of all the pages with their names hyperlinked.
- Hover your mouse over the name of the page whose id you need.
- Keep an eye on your browser’s status bar.
- In the status bar, following the name of the page you will see something like “?action=edit&post=12”
- The number after “post=” is your page id. (12 in this example).
Until WordPress re-introduces the Page ID column this is the simplest way of determining the ID of a page.