Nothing is more embarrassing than a misspelled word or incorrect grammar in an article on your blog. OK, may be there are other more embarrassing things out there but this still is not a nice scenario for a professional blogger. As a blogger you should try to catch all your mistakes before your readers catch them and point fingers at them (or worst publish your mistakes on flickr for all to see:) ). Almost all commercial word processing programs offer built-in spell and grammar checkers. These tools allow the users to write without worrying too much about the spelling and to some extent the structure of their sentences. This peace of mind naturally increases their productivity. Now you can get that same functionality for your WordPress blog by installing a smart plugin. Aptly named ‘After The Deadline’, this plugin frees you from worrying about spelling and grammatical structure and let you focus on your main goal – to write.
“After the Deadline is a plugin for WordPress and TinyMCE with contextual spell checking, advanced style checking and intelligent grammar checking.”
Here is how it works.
- Download the plugin from After The Deadline website.
- Unzip and upload the files to your WordPress plugins folder.
- To activate the plugin you will need to register for a free ‘API Key’ with AftertheDeadline.com.
- Copy and paste your API key in the activation window.
- Once activated, the plugin will add a button to your WordPress editor box that you can use to check spellings and grammar after completing your next article (you can use it during writing also, but that may make you lose your train of thoughts so just finish typing what you have in your mind and do the editing later but before hitting the publish button).
This plug is free for personal use. For commercial use they recommend their free software. So what are you waiting for, download and give this plugin a try. I am sure you will like it.