Starting a web site development project using an existing template is much more efficient than starting the project from scratch. You may use your existing web sites as the starting point and make changes to meet your new project’s requirements or get the templates from one of the following web sites that provide thousands of web site templates for free.
Open Design Community offers XHTML and CSS based free web design templates.
Open Designs is a community managed site, where users, members, designers and application developers can share their free website designs and templates, discuss web design and promote their services.
- Open Source Web Design founded by Francis J. Skettino, owsd.org offers more than 2000 templates for free.
From personal blogs to content managements systems to full fledged businesses, OSWD has been providing free web designs to those who need them for years.
- Open Source Templates has some very nice web design templates. They are available under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means that if you use one their templates you will have to include a lick back to their website.
- Style Shout has free as well as paid-for CSS-based templates.
- Free CSS Templates offers more than 200 light weight all CSS based templates.
- Free CSS Template: is one of my personal favorite web sites. In addition to several CSS-based templates you will also find CSS navigation menus and layouts.